Credentials of India
India's astonishing multifariousness proffers you everything you could ever want in a holiday. At the time you set foot in India to be greeted by a graceful namasthe, a gesture that denotes both welcome and respect, you are on the way to one of the mind-blasting and rewarding experiences of your life. Bordered by the glorious Himalayan ranges in the north and edged by a scintillating coastline surrounded by the three seas, India is a vivid pattern of landscapes, magnificent historical sites and royal cities, exotic beaches, misty mountain retreats, colorful people, rich cultures and festivities. India can offer you a blazing array of destinations and experiences at any part of the year. In summer, when the landmass is sizzling, there are spectacular retreats amidst the heady beauty of the Himalayas or the lush heights of the Western Ghats with cool trekking trails, tall peaks to conquer and stretches of white water for adventurers.
During winter, cities come alive with cultural feasts of music and dance. The balmy weather is an ideal time for you to go century skipping in romantic cities studded with medieval forts and palaces. The sun-drenched beaches are inviting and wildlife sanctuaries with their abundance of flora and fauna are a buzz with the nurture of the young. You can taste the delights of the Indian monsoon anywhere in the country- on a camel safari in the Rajasthan desert when nature comes alive and the peacocks dance; along the west coast where the relentless slant ingrain paints the countryside in brilliant greens or even journeying amidst the stark grandeur of mountain valleys lying in the rain shadow of the Himalayas.
Experience exotic India; live like a Maharaja in the rich ambiance of royal forts and palaces that are now heritage hotels; participate in the ebullience of a village fair or a colorful festival; day dream on a house boat drifting down the palm - fringed backwaters; delight in the grace of a dancer or shop till you drop - buying Indian handicrafts at unbelievable prices. India, the magnificent country, always warm and inviting, is a place of innumerable variety, which helps you to feel the nature in a new mood every time you visit.
Some of the credentials for India as a tourism hotspot
- The Taylor and Francis journal based in the United Kingdom describes India as one of the must visit places on Earth. India Review, Routledge, Taylor and Francis group
- “Tourism worldwide provides around 200 million jobs and the figure is expected to increase by 25 per cent to 250 by 2012. September 27 is observed as World Tourism Day. The Government of India is also making efforts to draw attention to the essence of tourism in the country” – reports The Tribune Daily.
- “Access to state of the art medical facilities, English speaking medical staff, significant savings for healthcare, No waiting time to be treated, high quality level of service are offered by the Indian Medical sector. This will create high exposure to Indian medical tourism” – reports Global Surgical Solutions, LLC, a Texas based Medical Tourism promoter.
- The Ananda Spa located in Ananda in the Himalayas is selected as the top among the 25 Spas in the world by the Conde Nast Traveller (U.K.)
- Australia will have the inside running on maximizing tourism from and to India, Federal Tourism Minister Fran Bailey has predicted.
India confers the utmost level of security and safety with excellent tourism infrastructure and through government support. Cocohol gets you the best of Kerala and India through an array of tourism packages. Choose yours and embrace the memories you are sure to cherish forever... Cocohol India tourism–enjoy this sojourn amidst nature's choicest blessings.